"Los Tulipanes"

"Los Tulipanes"
48 X 48, oil on panel

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Created For Greater Things" display at Deseret Book

Elder Jeffrey R. Holland has a new book this spring, Created for Greater Things, it has been featured at Deseret Book during General Conference through Mother's Day. The Deseret Book Flagship store in downtown Salt Lake decided to feature my artwork along with Elder Holland's new book in a beautiful display. They had fresh flowers all month long, huge posters of Elder Holland's Book and hung some of my originals and some giclée prints, as well as a special deal on some small framed prints. They got it all set up in March and when Sheri Dew came in to see it, she bought the piece in the upper left corner herself (you can see it in the photo below. After she bought it, they got another just like it to replace it, then we sold it while I was there last week, so it is gone in the photo above)
I actually ended up having a baby the very day that this display was set up- so I didn't get to see it all done until last week- it is even more impressive than I thought. I feel really honored to have been included in such a beautiful display.
It was a really good day to be at Deseret Book, I met a lot of great people and signed a bunch of prints. I brought paint along to paint the fresh flowers- but I didn't get the chance, but I hope to still paint something from my photos and from the experience.

No comments: