"Los Tulipanes"

"Los Tulipanes"
48 X 48, oil on panel

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

clothesline

Last Thursday, Zion's Bank hosted an Art Reception, it was really fun, there were at least 30 different artists and about 4,500 people came to check it out. Many people told me they really liked this painting, I really like it too, so I thought I would post it here on my blog.
I painted this last September at The Spring City Plein Air Festival. Sanpete County is so beautiful, and there are so many places I wanted to paint, but I just had to paint this clothesline. I started out with a little acrylic, then drew on my panel with vine charcoal, then quickly moved into oil paint.
On this painting, I left a fair amount of the charcoal still exposed. I really enjoyed getting to be in Spring City and paint and for all the good company I had while I painted.
Here I am finishing it up with a palette knife.

1 comment:

Erin said...

This reminds me of Grandma Parker's clothesline in Los Alamos. Lovely.