"Los Tulipanes"

"Los Tulipanes"
48 X 48, oil on panel

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Be Still


Be Still

White and Pure
Humbly Reaching Upward to Heaven
Seeking God to Please
Patiently Growing
Nurtured by His Love
Firmly planted

This is a painting that I started a while ago, I liked it, but it did not feel quite finished. I had some difficult times in my pregnancy, and I kept thinking about this painting, I really wanted to get it all resolved. My health got even worse, and I wasn't able to paint, so I had the painting hung by my bed. In my mind. I finished the painting over and over and when I was finally able- I finished it. I call it "Be Still" because that was all I could do. My little one came a little early and spent some time in the NICU and once again, all I could do was "be still".
I made it into a bookmark and gave it to everyone who helped and served us in the hospital. I feel so grateful. This painting has been a great source of peace and comfort to me.

No comments: