"Los Tulipanes"

"Los Tulipanes"
48 X 48, oil on panel

Friday, May 15, 2009

Painting in The Secret Garden at The Tulip Festival

The Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point was amazing this year, here is one of the paintings I did during the festival. It is oil on panel, I like to start out with a sketch (using vine charcoal) on the gessoed panel, then I fix the drawing and begin the painting. I had to paint in shorter installments this year because I have a busy toddler and I am pregnant, but I was still able to get a few paintings done. This is one of my favorites this year.


If you want to have your own little tulip festival next year, Thanksgiving Point sells the bulbs from this years' festival $3 a dozen beginning on May 30th at the Garden Greenhouse. (If you get them, you can either plant them right back in the ground as soon as you get them, or you can hang them up in a pair of panty hose and leave them in a cool dark place until fall and plant them)

1 comment:

Super Mom in the Making said...

Lovely! I'm jealous of your skill!