"Los Tulipanes"

"Los Tulipanes"
48 X 48, oil on panel

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Deseret Book Gospel Vision of the Arts Scholarship Program

Last Spring I was featured at a "Lunch and Learn"  at the Deseret Book Flagship Store at City Creek.  My daughter sent one of her paintings with me and everyone loved it so much that they asked both of us to paint blocks for the Gospel Vision of the Arts Scholarship Program auction. 

We had so much fun working on these in my studio together.  I love how simple and sweet Grace's turned out.  I kept looking at hers and it made me keep working and working on mine because I wanted it to feel more like hers!  I love how they both turned out, you really ought to go see them in person.





There are many wonderful little paintings that will be auctioned off from many great artists.  I feel honored to be among them.

Participating Scholarship Bock Artists:

Annie Henrie Cristall Harper
James Christensen Brian kershisnik
Ben Behunin Howard Lyon
Amy Tolk Richards J. Kirk Richards
Sarah Samuelson Grace Samuelson
Linda Curly Christensen Robert A. Boyd
Scott Sumner Robert T. Barrett
Jenny Elizabeth Shirley McKay Britsch
Justin Kunz Julie Rogers
Christopher Young Mary Summerhays
Sandra Rast Cassandra Barney
Elandra Garbett Glenda Gleave
Rose Datoc Dall           Jennifer Thompson
Liz Lemon Swindle

I told my daughter that it is amazing for her to be included in such a list as a five year old, to which she replied, "I was a four year old when I painted it"  She makes me smile.  I am glad we got to do this.




The auction runs from October 26th through December 10th.  100% of the proceeds will go to the 2012 Gospel Vision of the Arts Scholarship program.


To bid contact Linda Howard: 801-328-8191
lindarubyhoward@gmail.com.

No comments: