"Los Tulipanes"

"Los Tulipanes"
48 X 48, oil on panel

Friday, July 23, 2010

St. George Utah Temple

This is what I painted this week.
A few weeks ago we drove through St George, and I have been wanting to paint this ever since.
I used a palette knife, I love this little knife, I think I'll be using it a lot more because it was so fun.
I love the St. George Temple, the white against the red rock, the architecture, the memories I have there.
The first time I went inside was with my dad right before my mission, we made a goal to go to each Temple in Utah before I left.
Years later, my husband and I got to be Temple Workers in the beautiful St. George Utah Temple.

2 comments:

Mrs. Olsen said...

Hey, that is my goal this year with my mom: to visit every Utah temple. HOw many days did it take?

Sarah said...

Well, it was in 1996, so there weren't as many to visit. We got them all in during the months of May and June, it was really great, I am so glad we did it together. Have so much fun and let me know how long it takes now.