"Los Tulipanes"

"Los Tulipanes"
48 X 48, oil on panel

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Zinnias


I actually painted this painting a couple of years ago, and I have a confession to make : I painted it over one of my former students' painting.  My student had given me the painting (the painting had been painted as an assignment)  My husband and I had just moved and I wanted to paint, but we hadn't unpacked my studio yet... I found the painting and painted over it.

I started this painting out in acrylic, and I actually painted quite a while in acrylic (until I finally unpacked my oils) then I finished it up in oil.  It is one of my favorite paintings.  I love the color combinations, for me, that is one of the things I love most about painting- putting colors next to each other - that excites me. 


No comments: